Communications Licensing

The CPUC provides different licensing options for applicants seeking to become communication service providers in California. Depending on specific Commission requirements set forth for licensing, eligible applicants may apply to become licensed through a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN), a Registration License, or a Wireless Identification Registration. More about Communications ...

Energy Licensing

The CPUC registers Electric Service Providers (ESP’s), Community Choice Aggregators (CCA’s) and Core Transport Agents (CTA’s).  ESP’s and CCA’s are non-utility entities that offer electric service to customers within the service territory of an electric utility. Core Transport Agents provide gas service.

Transportation Licensing

The CPUC conducts licensing and enforcement for several types of transportation activities, including moving companies, airport shuttles, limousines, and transportation network carriers. More information about the different types of transportation licensing and enforcement activities can be found here.