Required Reports for Transportation Network Companies
This page provides information on reports that Transportation Network Companies (TNCs) are required to provide the California Public Utilities Commission pursuant to Commission Decisions D.13-09-045 and D.16-04-041.
New TNCs must comply with these requirements as part of their application process.
- Unless otherwise stated, all reports must be submitted to the CPUC’s Consumer Protection Enforcement Division (CPED) addressed to Licensing_TNC@cpuc.ca.gov.
- Reports must be submitted to Licensing_TNC@cpuc.ca.gov via the CPUC's secure FTP at https://cpucftp.cpuc.ca.gov. If you are a new user, click on "I don't have an account yet" link to create a new account.
- TNCs must follow the guidance in the data dictionary and templates below for reporting data.
- TNCs must transmit reports in comma separated value (csv) format for data reports and PDF format for narrative reports. TNCs must also provide a scanned copy of cover letters with appropriate signatures in PDF format.
TNC Annual Data Reports:
All TNCs are required to submit the following data reports, using the templates provided below, on an annual basis covering their operations from September 1 through August 31 of each year. Based on Judge Mason's August 11, 2022 Ruling (See, Link), Annual Report files are due on September 19, 2022. TNCs may submit the Assaults and Harassments report and the Total Violations and Incidents report no later than November 18, 2022. Files were updated on June 20, 2022.
- TNC Annual Reports Data Dictionary Reference
- TNC Annual Reports Templates:
- Driver Names & IDs
- Accessibility Report
- Accessibility Complaints
- Accident & Incidents
- Assaults & Harassments
- 50,000+ Miles
- Number of Hours
- Number of Miles
- Driver Training
- Law Enforcement Citations
- Off-platform Solicitation
- Aggregated Requests Accepted
- Requests Accepted
- Requests Accepted Periods
- Aggregated Requests Not Accepted
- Requests Not Accepted
- Suspended Drivers
- Total Violations & Incidents
- Zero Tolerance
Prior Year TNC Annual Data Reports
Prior year TNC data reports were required to be submitted on September 19 each year with data covering TNC operations from September 1 through August 31 of each year. TNCs were instructed to provide data based on the templates and/or courtesy reminder letters provided below for years 2014 to 2021.
- TNC Annual Report Templates and/or Courtesy Reminder Letter 2014
- TNC Annual Report Templates and/or Courtesy Reminder Letter 2015-17
- TNC Annual Report Templates and/or Courtesy Reminder Letter 2018
- TNC Annual Report Templates and/or Courtesy Reminder Letter 2019
- TNC Annual Report Templates and/or Courtesy Reminder Letter 2020
- TNC Annual Report Templates and/or Courtesy Reminder Letter 2021
TNC Report on Accessibility Plan Compliance and Necessary Improvement
Pursuant to D.13-09-045 (pages 43-44), regarding its Accessibility Plan, each TNC is required to include the following as part of its Annual Report to the Commission:
- "Each aspect of the accessibility plan will be addressed in the annual reports required of each TNC regarding compliance, necessary improvements (of any) and additional steps to be taken by the TNC to ensure that there is no divide between service provided to the able and disabled communities."
- This required report must be transmitted to CPED via secure FTP in PDF format.