CPUC Annual Collected Broadband Data
Data as of December 31, 2021
The following bullets provide broadband availability data collected as of December 31, 2021 as part of the annual broadband data collection from providers across California, using data formats from the Broadband Data Submission Guidelines and Templates webpage.
- GIS Data - File Geodatabase (updated 4/19/2023)
The Fixed Wireless and Wireline downloadable GIS data above show broadband deployment and speeds as submitted by broadband providers and has been validated by the CPUC. The Mobile broadband GIS data above represent coverage submitted by broadband providers AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, US Cellular, and Verizon Wireless.
Data Tables as of December 31, 2021
- Served Status by County: Served status at speeds of at least 25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up by County.
- Served Status by Consortia: Served status at speeds of at least 25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up by Consortia.
- Fixed Adoption by County: Fixed broadband adoption by number of households, connections, and rate by percentage.
California Interactive Broadband Map
The California broadband data can also be viewed by using the California Interactive Broadband Map. This interactive map provides location funding eligibility for the California Advanced Services Fund Infrastructure Account.
- FAQs 2023 CA Interactive Broadband Map: Our Frequently Asked Questions PDF document provides answers to common queries.
California Community Anchor Institutions
The Community Anchor Institutions (CAI) data files, as of December 31, 2021, are a compilation of schools, libraries, health institutions, and public safety facilities in California.
- File Geodatabase (updated 4/19/2023)
- Shapefile (updated 4/19/2023)
- Community Anchor Institutions Data Source List (updated 4/19/2023)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org